Come see the Magic of Aladdin Jr

On Friday, November 22, the 5th through 8th graders are opening up a musical, Aladdin Jr.

Theo Hawk, 7th grader, has had about three years of past theatre experience and scored the lead with his amazing acting and singing voice. He has been balancing a lot of homework, as all students do since Aladdin has started so he has been more responsible with his time. Hawk who plays the one and only Aladdin said, “It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.”

Eighth-grader Kate Quinn, who plays Jasmine, has put a lot of time into the musical even though she has had a lot on her plate since she has started the musical, counting cheerleading. Quinn said, “It is nice having a community that does this for everyone. And I love acting, so it is really fun to have this part.”

Patricia Haynish has been directing the Community Ed musicals for 20 years, with an exception last year. She also used to be a general music teacher at Gurney. Her love for musical theater keeps her involved in the community during her retirement. Haynish said, “I think that we have had tremendous progress since September. We have a cast with amazing talent and skills, and I feel this show offers opportunity for everyone to shine.”

These students have put so much of their time into this extracurricular, and they want others to appreciate it. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students, and $1 surcharge for a ticket if it is paid with a credit card. To purchase tickets, click here. Come see the show at the new Intermediate School in the auditorium.

The times are:

Friday, November 22, 7pm

Saturday, November 23, 2 pm

Saturday, November 23, 7 pm

Sunday, November 24, 2 pm

Tryouts took place on August 27, since then the cast has been having practices on Wednesdays and Thursdays after school and sometimes on Tuesdays and Saturdays. At an average, these students put in 5 hours a day, sometimes 8 hours. They would love if you took a night off your feet, sit back and relax, and watch them take you on an Arabian night out.