Ms. Megan Agresta joins the CFMS team

Ms. Megan Agresta joined the CFMS teaching and athletic team as a response to intervention tutor in August 2022.  Agresta was hired to be on the CFMS team to help students with math during their study halls and advisory periods during the school day. 

After school, Agresta coaches the CFMS 7th and 8th cheer teams. Working in the school and athletic department has allowed her to get to know the Chagrin community. “My favorite thing about Chagrin is probably the community aspect of it, like coming into Chagrin, you can tell it’s very tight-knit and everyone knows each other, and coming into that as a new person can sometimes be a little intimidating, but everyone was super friendly and nice,” Agresta said.  

Agresta coaching at a middle school basketball game. (Bethany Vehar)

The cheerleading squads have had a chance to get to know Agresta over the course of the first quarter. “She is very good at making people feel comfortable and confident,” said Abbi Pace. 

Originally from Mayfield, Agresta has moved to Chagrin since accepting the position. After graduating from Mayfield High School, Agresta went to John Carrol University where she majored in middle childhood education with a concentration in math and language arts. She also minored in English literature. “I picked John Caroll because I liked the small classes. I wanted to know the people I went to school with, and I was able to have close relationships with everyone,” Agresta said. 

Before her hire, Agresta student taught at Mayfield Middle School with seventh graders and got to do math and language arts there for the whole year. She student taught with the teacher she had in 7th grade. 

Middle School Principal Mrs. Laila Discenza  offered Agresta the job this summer and is pleased with the hire: “Ms. Agresta is smart, thoughtful and detail-oriented. Her values align with the middle school philosophy and she has strong relational skills making her an excellent candidate as an advisor for various clubs and sports. She has experience as a tutor, working at Huntington, and is knowledgeable with benchmarking exams, data, targeted instruction and progress monitoring. She is professional and collegial; students, staff, and parents will enjoy working with her.”

Before college, Agresta managed Pulp, a smoothie shop in Mayfield Heights, for five years. She also managed their social media. 

While she’s not at CFMS, Agresta likes to cook and bake. “I’m always looking for a good cookie recipe because that’s my favorite thing to bake, I try out new recipes for dinners,” said Agresta. She also likes to read and hang out with her dog.